Cutting Edge Decking Solution
Perfect For The Pacific Northwest
Living in the Pacific Northwest, particularly Gig Harbor and the Kitsap Peninsula region is a beautiful thing. It does come with some caveats that tend to be somewhat ironic. For example, we have towering old growth evergreen trees, but these same trees act as an umbrella of shade that can really impact your deck’s maintenance and longevity. They are also notorious for dropping sappy debris that can damage your deck if it’s not constructed with a product that can handle frequent cleaning and harsh elements. Moss and insects are a few other culprits that come with the beauty of our surrounding nature. We do have a love for nature, and although wood is beautiful, it’s not always the best solution for a long-term investment in your home.
In summary, when considering a cutting edge decking solution perfect for the Pacific Northwest, there’s several factors that come into play such as climate, moisture levels, and environmental conditions. One popular option that suits these conditions is capped composite decking.
Capped composite decking combines the benefits of traditional composite material with a protective outer layer, often made of polymer or PVC. This outer layer provides enhanced durability and resistance to moisture, mold, and fading, making it particularly well-suited for the Pacific Northwest and Western Washington damp and often rainy climate.
Here’s Why We Love It
- Moisture Resistant – Let’s be honest, this is our greatest challenge, especially in areas like Gig Harbor and Tacoma Washington where rain seems to jump up out of the sound and dump on land. Its resistance to moisture absorption is fantastic and prevents rot, warping, and decay. It is no doubt one of the best long-term solutions out there.
- Mold & Mildew Resistant – Lack of sunlight due to short days and old growth trees – and consistent moisture can wreak havoc on the exterior of our homes, especially decks… and even more so, if they are not covered. Capped composite protective layer inhibits the growth of mold. The other plus side is, this means less frequent cleaning and maintenance; you have better things to do with your time.
- Fade Resistant – There’s nothing more disappointing than enjoying your new deck and then hibernating inside for the winter, only to emerge on the other side with a deck that needs to be overhauled and refinished due to the harsh winter weather conditions. The protective cap also prevents fading, so you can pick up right where you left off and enjoy your deck.
- Low Maintenance – Unlike wood decking, capped composite decking does not require staining, sealing or painting. There’s no need to drag out the pressure washer, it is easy to clean with just soap and water, making it ideal for you as a homeowner.
- Durability – Our weather is harsh and it can really take its toll on our outdoor living spaces. You can be confident that its robust construction will resist weathering, scratches, stains, and impacts making it durable and long-lasting.
- Sustainability – In Washington, we are known for caring for the environment. Many manufacturers use recycled materials to produce their products. This, in addition to its longevity make it a great option for reducing waste.
If you are looking to increase your living space by adding or replacing an existing deck, give us a ring: (360) 731.8445 or contact us right here on our website. We are family owned and operated and love helping our neighbors enjoy their homes to the fullest.